- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Fibres, Yarns and Fabrics: Cotton Textiles in Britain and the Dutch Republic before Mechanisation, 1600-1760
- The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
- Spinning little stories about the High Wage Economy.
Monthly Archives: August 2013
I recently visited Quarry Bank Mill near Wilmslow, Cheshire, one of the early water-powered cotton spinning mills, built on the River Bollin in 1784 to house the mechanical spinning frames invented by Richard Arkwright a decade and a half earlier. … Continue reading