- New Publication: The Holker Album: Textile Samples and Industrial Espionage in the 18th Century
- Paper: Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780
- Article: The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Spinning little stories about the High Wage Economy.
It’s been fascinating seeing the responses to Judy Stephenson’s post ‘Spinning little stories: Why cotton in the Industrial Revolution was not what you think’ on the Economic History Society’s Long Run blog (https://ehsthelongrun.net/2016/12/01/spinning-little-stories-why-cotton-in-the-industrial-revolution-was-not-what-you-think/). It’s partly about my East Asian Journal … Continue reading
Posted in Spinning Project 3 Comments