- New Publication: The Holker Album: Textile Samples and Industrial Espionage in the 18th Century
- Paper: Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780
- Article: The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
Monthly Archives: February 2023
The Holker Album, edited by Ariane Fennetaux and John Styles and published by Éditions des Arts Décoratifs, is a facsimile edition of an album of British textile swatches assembled in 1751-2 by the exiled Manchester calenderer and Jacobite, John Holker, … Continue reading