- New Publication: The Holker Album: Textile Samples and Industrial Espionage in the 18th Century
- Paper: Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780
- Article: The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
Monthly Archives: May 2019
Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
In ‘Spinning their wheels: a reply to Jane Humphries and Benjamin Schneider’, published in Economic History Review online early view in May 2019, Robert Allen once again defends his High Wage Economy explanation of the industrial revolution in textiles. Specifically, … Continue reading
Posted in Spinning Project Leave a comment