Open the link below for the final mss. version of ‘“Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83’, subsequently published as chapter 5 in John Brewer and John Styles (eds), An Ungovernable People: The English and their law in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries (London, 1980).
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Fibres, Yarns and Fabrics: Cotton Textiles in Britain and the Dutch Republic before Mechanisation, 1600-1760
- The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
- Spinning little stories about the High Wage Economy.