Click on the link below for the open-access download of John Styles’ chapter, ‘Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780’, in G. Nigro (ed.), Fashion as an economic engine: process and product innovation, commercial strategies, consumer behavior (Florence-Prato: Firenze University Press, Datini Studies in Economic History, 2, 2022).
- Paper: Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780
- Article: The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Robert Allen’s spinning jenny is still broken.
- Spinning little stories about the High Wage Economy.