Click on the Download button below for John Styles’ paper, ‘Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780’, presented at the study week ‘Fashion as an Economic Engine: Process and Product Innovation, Commercial Strategies, Consumer Behaviour’, Fondazione Istituto Internazionale di Storia Economica ‘F. Datini’,Prato, 10-12 May 2021.
- Everyday Fashion in Early-Modern Europe: Transformations in Textiles, 1500-1750
- Re-fashioning Industrial Revolution: Fibres, fashion and technical innovation in British cotton textiles, 1630-1780
- “Our traitorous money makers”: the Yorkshire coiners and the law, 1760-83
- Fibres, Yarns and Fabrics: Cotton Textiles in Britain and the Dutch Republic before Mechanisation, 1600-1760
- The Rise and Fall of the Spinning Jenny